Touring Tip

Ask or post anything, MC related.

Moderators: joeracket, Bam, RoadWarrior

joeracket
Site Admin

Touring Tip

Post by joeracket » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:25 pm

:) :) :) …… good article from Road Runner Magazine …….. :) :) :)

Get in Shape for the Riding Season

Much has been written about preparing a rider’s motorcycle for touring, but relatively little is ever said about preparing a rider’s body for long motorcycle rides. As all serious riders know, it takes much more mental focus and physical stamina to ride a motorcycle all day long than it does to tour in a car.

When a body becomes fatigued, reaction times lengthen, agility suffers, and the ability to make quick decisions in challenging riding situations can be seriously degraded. A physical conditioning regimen can prepare your body for touring, which include many dimensions, but should have at least three main areas of focus: flexibility, endurance, and core strengthening.

Getting and Staying Flexible: Lack of flexibility in the body can result in physical problems and general discomfort. For motorcycle riders, the most important areas to stretch are the back, neck, thighs, and hamstrings to reduce risk of pain or injury. Although numerous books and videos on stretching are available, there are a few important things to keep in mind, particularly if you’re just beginning a stretching program: Warm up with aerobic activity, do not overstretch, be consistent, and stay committed.

Increasing Endurance: Aerobic, cardiovascular exercises are an excellent way of increasing a motorcyclist’s endurance and alertness for a long ride. Some of the best aerobic exercises include: walking, swimming, running, and bicycling.

Gaining and Maintaining Core Body Strength: Many of us equate physical conditioning with the bulging muscles of a body builder. Instead, our main focus should be on building what’s called core body strength. The abdominal muscles originate motion and keep your body stabilized and balanced, which are fundamental to riding a motorcycle.

Core strength conditioning from the mayo clinic.

https://roadrunner.us4.list-manage.com/ ... 30537776c

Getting your body in shape to ride long distances not only makes your touring trips more enjoyable, it also makes your everyday life healthier and more pleasurable as well. What are you waiting for?
Image IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!! Image

Boone
Iron Butt

Re: Touring Tip

Post by Boone » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:22 am

I'm getting in shape starting with my elbow. :cheers:
Actually, riding will be a rest compared to what I'm doing these days.
Still good advise.
Aways put your brain in gear before you let the clutch out on your mouth.

RoadWarrior
site maintenance

Post by RoadWarrior » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:59 pm

My core body is in shape alright....it's a round shape
---
Common sense is NOT common...

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:01 pm

RoadWarrior wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:59 pm
My core body is in shape alright....it's a round shape
:lol: :lol: :lol: ....... molson muscle ....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!! Image