VTX 1300t hard bags???

Tips, Tricks, Mods, Maintenance questions and answers go on this board.

Moderators: Cat, joeracket, RoadWarrior, Bam Bam

Boppers

VTX 1300t hard bags???

Post by Boppers » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Whats up from Crossfield Alberta. When will the snow end!!!
Anyways
My stalk bags are a little small on my 08 VTX 1300T. Has anyone had experience installing used hard bags from a different make of bike onto their VTX? How did it work? Pics?
KEEP YOUR RUBBER DOWN AND HEAD UP

Sandy Mike
Iron Butt

Re: VTX 1300t hard bags???

Post by Sandy Mike » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:30 pm

No pics but I have seen some very nice Tsukayu hard bags on 1300 and 1800 models.

Gaolbird used to be able to order them in but I think you need to go to their website now. Here is a link https://www.tsukayu.com/HardbagsforVTX.html

I have ordered from them twice now for Lynn's bikes (once for her 2004 Shadow, and then again for her Heritage Softail). They were shipped in a timely manner, came well protected, were reasonable priced, and they are very well made - fiberglass with felt lining, good hinges, latches and locks. Installation was relatively easy. The ones I got for her Softail in 2010 are still in great shape
Now back in Ontario!!!!!!!

Boone
Iron Butt

Re: VTX 1300t hard bags???

Post by Boone » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:44 am

:stupid:
I have the Tsukayu hard bags on my 1300c. As stated they are reasonably priced and well built. I did modify the mounting spacers to bring the bags in closer to the fender but the installation was not complicated. They also detach easily for working on the rear brakes or cleaning or...... A half helmet fits in easily.
Aways put your brain in gear before you let the clutch out on your mouth.