Ex-Service and damn proud of it!!...

This area for everything not motorcycle related.

Moderators: Cat, joeracket, RoadWarrior, Bam Bam

Chumbly
Iron Butt

Post by Chumbly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 am

Jees has he got it wrong... may have to send him to a re-education facility....Wait, that's in a communist country!... that'll be next. :anxious: Chumbly- (only kidding) :doh:

Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

hammerman
Iron Butt

Post by hammerman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:17 pm

I`m with Randy and ArmyBoy on this :)

Least until I get hauled off for re-education :think:

Hammer

NavyChief

Military Service

Post by NavyChief » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:04 am

1973-2006 (in uniform ... OS to CPO1) then 2006-present as DND Civil Servant ... coming up on 37 years ....

HMCS FRASER (2 TOURS)
HMCS ANNAPOLIS
HMCS SKEENA
HMCS PROTECTEUR
HMCS IROQUOIS
HMCS ATHABASKAN
CFS MILL COVE (3 TOURS)
MARLANTHQ HALIFAX
NDHQ OTTAWA (1 Posting - 4 POSITIONS)
CFNES HALIFAX
CFFS HALIFAX
CFFS ESQUIMALT
CFNOS HALIFAX
FMF CAPE SCOTT HALIFAX
NAVAL ENGINEERING UNIT (ATLANTIC)

and the best for last:

Retirement scheduled for 1 May 2011 (that's why I went to the Dark Side last year and bought a GL1800 .... sure was a sweet ride to Sturgis this summer!!!)
Jim

2003 Red VTX1300S, V&H Cruisers, Memphis Shades Sport and Fats Shield, Mustang seat/w backrest, Kuryakin Pro-R Hypercharger, TomTom Rider 2 GPS, Paladin Back Rest, Dynabeads, additional chrome by everybody

VTX-Al
Iron Butt

Post by VTX-Al » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Welcome aboard Chief -
HMCS ATHABASKAN
. Hey, I did a stint on the Athabaskan as well, 'course the version I served on had still had 'micks to sleep in. :lol: :lol: :cool: :razz:

...VTX-AL
When you come to a fork in the road - take it !!!

Archie's VTX 1800

proud to be Canadian

Post by Archie's VTX 1800 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Hello to all the Veterans and our Troops !

Just to say a few, I am very proud of all of you who have served and are still serving this great country of ours, Canada.

I owe you all a BIG thanks and "Bravo Zulu" to you all.

I am Proud to be Canadian.

Ride hard and ride free! Live life to the fullest !

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: ............christopherson at his best :clap: :clap: :clap:

Many people may have forgot about his time in the U.S.Army. He is the son of an Air Force General, and a accomplished Golden Gloves boxer, and he graduated from Pomona College
with a B.S. degree, and then became a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford University.
He joined the U.S. Army at the prompting of his father. After graduating from Officer Candidate School he attended and graduated fro m both Army Airborne and Ranger training in the very
top of each class. He was selected for U. S. Army Special Forces Training but refused so that he could attend pilot training where he earned his wings, and became an accomplished U.S. Army helicopter (gun ship) pilot, and achieved the rank of Captain.
He was about to be promoted to the rank of Major, and appointed to teach at West Point when he resigned his commission from the Army to go into music and acting. You can tell in this video that his time in the military means a lot to him.

http://www.youtube.com/v/PU-A7eqadho
Image IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!! Image

Cryptical
Iron Butt

Post by Cryptical » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am

joeracket wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: ............christopherson at his best :clap: :clap: :clap:

Many people may have forgot about his time in the U.S.Army. He is the son of an Air Force General, and a accomplished Golden Gloves boxer, and he graduated from Pomona College
with a B.S. degree, and then became a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford University.
He joined the U.S. Army at the prompting of his father. After graduating from Officer Candidate School he attended and graduated fro m both Army Airborne and Ranger training in the very
top of each class. He was selected for U. S. Army Special Forces Training but refused so that he could attend pilot training where he earned his wings, and became an accomplished U.S. Army helicopter (gun ship) pilot, and achieved the rank of Captain.
He was about to be promoted to the rank of Major, and appointed to teach at West Point when he resigned his commission from the Army to go into music and acting. You can tell in this video that his time in the military means a lot to him.

http://www.youtube.com/v/PU-A7eqadho
That was a great video, Moe. Thanks for sharing it with us. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yours Aye,

Crypt.

- It ain't about WHAT you ride...it's about IF you ride! - '04 1800C - Lots o' goodies...

http://cryptical07.blogspot.com/

Sandy Mike
Iron Butt

Post by Sandy Mike » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Great video, great history lesson. Thanks.
Now back in Ontario!!!!!!!

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:44 am

:cool: :cool: :cool: ...................best short commercial :cool: :cool: :cool:

http://youtu.be/cwt4RggTEEw
Image IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!! Image

minidisco

Post by minidisco » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:47 pm

2yrs 8mo @ HMCS York, put in for a transfer to ground crew tank division but my mom begged me to resign just as the first Gulf War was starting. Didn't look back.
If architects designed buildings the way Microsoft designs software, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!

ALTAVTX

Post by ALTAVTX » Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 pm

No military experience other than Air Cadets Squadron #280 out of Leader, SK..... but the very proud son of Cpl Barnie Mathison, a WWII vet stationed in England, Scotland,France, Belgium, Holland and Germany. He was a member of the Royal Canadian Engineers and according to my grandmother... (his mother-in-law)... came back from war a very changed man. We buried him due to cancer when I was 16 years old.
Who's gonna ride that chrome three wheeler, Who's gonna make that first mistake.
DeanM

http://s891.photobucket.com/home/ALTAVTX/allalbums

Army Boy

Brothers Day

Post by Army Boy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Thank You All
From a brother....

I am proud to have served with each of you at one time or another

You may have served in Combat or in non-combat.

You may have retired out or you may have served for a short time.

You may have served in the Army, Navy, Air Force

BUT YOU SERVED. YOU DID YOUR JOB HONOURABLY and for that I am PROUD to call you Brother.

You may have served during Korea, WWII. UN Duties or Afghanistan, But you served, you did not run.

You have a Discharge Certificate with those words "HONORABLY DISCHARGED" two of the most noble words in the world.

Again I am proud to know each and every one of you.

*Today is Band of Brothers' Day*; send this to all your brothers, fathers, sons and fellow veterans you know. Happy Brothers' Day!

To the cool men that have touched my life: Here's to you!! I was never a hero, but I am thankful and proud to have served among them.

A real Brother walks with you when the rest of the world walks on you.

Later All
Don't be afraid your life will end:
Be afraid it will never start!!

Army Boy

Scully

Re: Ex-Service and damn proud of it!!...

Post by Scully » Thu May 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Currently serving as a Sonar Operator

Previous postings:
HMCS Yukon
HMCS Huron
HMCS Algonquin
HMCS Regina
CFFS Esquimalt (Instructor)
HMCS Calgary
Acoustic Data Analysis Centre - Pacific
CFFS Esquinalt (Instructor)
HMCS Ottawa
CFFS Esquimalt (Standards) - current posting
2002 1800C

McJeep
Iron Butt

Post by McJeep » Sat May 03, 2014 10:03 am

Where *Only the fit survive* ;) Less and less people with that on their resumes every day
2004 1800N Mediochre mileage Oustanding smileage ;0)

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:10 am

:) :) :) ............ taps ........... always brings a tear to old racket eyes ........... enjoy ......... :) :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... OGO--In9NI

:think: :think: :think: ........ A girl performs a solo at a Symphony concert. Il Silenzio (not taps). Very good at playing this trumpet. sure sounds like taps to me :anxious: :anxious: :anxious: