Rear Shocks

Tips, Tricks, Mods, Maintenance questions and answers go on this board.

Moderators: joeracket, Bam Bam, RoadWarrior, mr.biker, Cat

joeracket
Site Admin

Re: Rear Shocks

Post by joeracket » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:56 pm

Chumbly wrote: (I can't get them to stop leaking). :think:
:anxious: :anxious: :anxious: .......... I have tires on my trailer like that ....... phwacking valve stems rot off ....... why ?????? ......... :doh: :doh: :doh:
Image IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!! Image

Chumbly

Post by Chumbly » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:12 am

Dirt Road wrote:Did you buy a particular brand, Chumbly? I've looked mostly at the Arnott set up.. but these new kids on the block, Backyard AIr Suspension seem pretty cool. Bout 5-600 for the whole set up, lotsa ppl on FB have bought from them & really like them (so far).
Seems to me that they're Goodyear....they came with the kit. Sounds like a common problem on the triker forum. All kinds of solutions but so far nothin' works for me. Blow 'em up every ride. :roll:

Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

Quinster

Post by Quinster » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:52 am

Dirt Road...I built my own rear air loosely following HD guys on a bagger site...I could see if I can find the link if you are interested

Wild bikers sells a Schumacher kit for a good price

https://www.wildbikers.com/go-shopping/ ... iew/72/114
2003 VTX 1800 R - Rear Air Ride, Progressive Lowering Springs, Tsukayu VTX Specific Bags & Trunk, Breakaway Throttle Lock, Custom Corbin Cowel, F Risers, Woody's Fairing, Kuryakyn Constellation Driving Light Bar & rear signals, Cobra Fatty Highway Bars, JTD Cycle Parts Hard Lowers, RoadStyler rear bars, all LED lighting

Dirt Road

Post by Dirt Road » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Looks like they're more or less the same price as Bardyard air. I wonder what the "upgraded" switch is though, can't find a description. Is there a remote control? One of the things I like about Backyard is the remote control.

Quinster

Post by Quinster » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:04 pm

I used Monroe car shocks...similar to what it looks like the company you reference use.

There were a few threads commenting how the eye broke off the shock so many users had them reinforced...like myself had a certified welder weld them on.

Someone from the company you referenced stated they weld them as well...but the pictures I saw did not reflect that.

If I had a choice between building it myself...or buying it from a company with some type of liability insurance...or one without...I would choose option 1 or 2 over 3.
2003 VTX 1800 R - Rear Air Ride, Progressive Lowering Springs, Tsukayu VTX Specific Bags & Trunk, Breakaway Throttle Lock, Custom Corbin Cowel, F Risers, Woody's Fairing, Kuryakyn Constellation Driving Light Bar & rear signals, Cobra Fatty Highway Bars, JTD Cycle Parts Hard Lowers, RoadStyler rear bars, all LED lighting

Quinster

Post by Quinster » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Here is the picture of the broken shock the user posted...said he was happy it happened while airing up and down while parked...not while riding.