VTX GasCap

Tips, Tricks, Mods, Maintenance questions and answers go on this board.

Moderators: joeracket, Bam Bam, RoadWarrior, mr.biker, Cat

Brenlee57

Re: VTX GasCap

Post by Brenlee57 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:22 am

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help on this forum! :clap: :clap: :)

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:09 am

:) :) :) ......... which ever route you go on this one be prepared to wait as they don't stock the parts ............. thinking about your problem ........... I don't know if my gas cap leaks or not as I have not laid the bike on it's side and I have no intentions on doing so just to find out .......... plus i'm sure that 99.9 % of the bikes out there haven't been on their side to find out ......... may be a normal situation ....... dunno ....... sure be pissed if you replace the cap and the situation remained the same ........... :think: :think: :think:

....... partzilla lower price than HDL ....... they raised their price since last I checked .......
Image IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!! Image

Cat

Post by Cat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:37 am

yep, cheapest solution.....keep bike as vertical as possible, except when pushing through twisties. At which ti G-Force will keep fuel in tank. :)
It's NOT about the destination........ The Journey is what counts. :cool:
and,
If the Sun is at your back, and the wind is your creation... It's a good day. :)
Image Image
Need Amsoil for yer ride? Contact me.
:dance: :cheers::think:
Bauline East, Newfoundland!!!!!! DONE like a bottle of Schreech at a newfie campfire
MISSED VICTORIA :cry:
Clic here for map of ....
:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think::think:
Hmmm, over 103,000 km on my '04 1300C :think:
Left on a journey with my girlfriend, came home with my wife :think: :lol:
Hint: clic on the blue text :wink:

Weather forecasts

Cat's Journey
- Visit my blog page - Cat's Lair
clic on the WWW button below

Bubba316

Post by Bubba316 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:48 pm

joeracket wrote::) :) :) ......... which ever route you go on this one be prepared to wait as they don't stock the parts ............. thinking about your problem ........... I don't know if my gas cap leaks or not as I have not laid the bike on it's side and I have no intentions on doing so just to find out .......... plus i'm sure that 99.9 % of the bikes out there haven't been on their side to find out ......... may be a normal situation ....... dunno ....... sure be pissed if you replace the cap and the situation remained the same ........... :think: :think: :think:

....... partzilla lower price than HDL ....... they raised their price since last I checked .......
I do know my seal works. Wasn't intentional either. I should buy a new helmet before riding season.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Chumbly

Post by Chumbly » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Doesn't that gas cap need to breath...so you don't end up with a vacuum in your tank as gas is used. I don't recall any other breather tube. :think:

Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

Brenlee57

Post by Brenlee57 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Oh well....Took my bike out today... plus 5 and sunny! no insurance [FEARFUL FACE][FEARFUL FACE][FEARFUL FACE]...just around the block to the golf course parking lot which was empty. Did some nice tight slow turns and stayed upright! I am a happy girl!!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Brenlee57

Post by Brenlee57 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:23 pm

I think my husband said there is a separate vent tube on this gas tank.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

grizzlygar

Post by grizzlygar » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Yes there is a vent tube at the right rear of the tank on the underside.