Heroes highway Ride June 2nd 2012

Post rides in your area on this forum.

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

:clap: :clap: :clap: ....................congrats Bob.................we're all proud of you and your fellow veterans for your service to our country :clap: :clap: :clap:
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

RoadWarrior
site maintenance

Post by RoadWarrior »

StillDaveWithNoGarage wrote:Liz & I spent the day in Niagara yesterday where we attended a luncheon & small ceremony wherein my Uncle Bob received the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal.

How he even manages to stand up with all that hardware on his chest is beyond me.

Anyway.. it was an awesome day. We got to meet 4 other Hong Kong POWs as well as 6 civilians who've been extremely active in keeping the story of our Hong Kong vets alive.

I'm really glad we went. What a fantastic group of people. As for Uncle Bob.. every time I think I couldn't be more proud of any human being he tells a story or does something or receives an honour that proves me wrong. He won't let ya call him a hero.. "I'm a soldier, a vet. There's enough honour in that title." But to me he sure as hell is.

What a great photo!!
---
Common sense is NOT common...