Friday the 13th Port Dover

Post rides in your area on this forum.

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

mr.biker
Iron Butt

Post by mr.biker »

Cryptical wrote:So sorry I couldn't have made it there last Friday. Would have loved to have seen you all. On the brighter side of things, we finally found and purchased a new home about 5 minutes outside Casselman, ON. This all happened on Thursday. Huge double garage, acre and a half of land, bordered by farmer's fields. Great for riders stopping in to tinker on their rides or just enjoy a cup of coffee and a chin-wag.

The cool thing is, the present owner is a fellow rider and was heading out for Port Dover the following day.

We move in on 15 July. Baby's being sold to finance a second-hand car for the work thing, but it seems a trike may be in the works for next year. I only wish I could have held on to Baby and done the conversion on her myself...

Ah well... whaddyagonnadoo...???

Hope all are well. The wife and I did a return trip to the Shenandoah National Park (the Skyline Drive) and a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway (from the Peaks of Otter on back to Front Royal, VA).

She loved it every bit as much as I did on my first go-round. Now she's the one saying: "OMG!! We just have to go back...!!!" :) :) :)
Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Sounds like the healing is going just fine. :clap:

Enjoy the ride

Wolfpack
Iron Butt

Want more

Post by Wolfpack »

Keon14 wrote:Need more photos, lots more photos! :)

So friggin jealous I didnt get to go.. no way I'm missing the July one next year.

got more but enough typing

Dirt Road
Iron Butt

Post by Dirt Road »

Some great shots!

Wonder what the estimated numbers were for this one. Any way ya look at it, a sh*tload is a sh*tload.

Camper

Post by Camper »

Keon14 wrote:Need more photos, lots more photos! :)

So friggin jealous I didnt get to go.. no way I'm missing the July one next year.

Image[/img]
For some there's therapy, for the rest of us there's motorcycles.

2002 Honda Shadow Ace
2005 Honda VTX 1300C
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour

Camper

Post by Camper »

This is front of Timmies right where I parked. We were leaving at 11AM

Here is a video of the bikes rolling in

For some there's therapy, for the rest of us there's motorcycles.

2002 Honda Shadow Ace
2005 Honda VTX 1300C
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour

VTX_XTC
Iron Butt

Post by VTX_XTC »

:cool: :cool: nice pics , thanks :cool: :cool:
still have an ear to ear grin on my 03 1800 C ,......... air tools , hummmmmm grinder with a cut wheel....no more tank seam

Dirt Road
Iron Butt

Post by Dirt Road »

That's awesome, can't wait to go next July. Should be friggin huge.

Cryptical
Iron Butt

Post by Cryptical »

Outstanding pics, guys. Thanks for posting them!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
Yours Aye,

Crypt.

- It ain't about WHAT you ride...it's about IF you ride! - '04 1800C - Lots o' goodies...

http://cryptical07.blogspot.com/

hammerman
Hard Core

Post by hammerman »

:cool: Thanks for the pics folks :cool:
Glad to see Sarge had his usual bevy of beauties :clap: :clap:

Hammer

Chumbly
Hard Core

Post by Chumbly »

Yep, great pics... didn't care for the black trike myself, but... Crypt- I know I'm stating the obvious here, but here goes... you know if you sell your VTX 1800, you'll never going to be able to replace it. Also, you won't get what it's really worth anyway. You sure there isn't another way, eh, bro? I'd kinda like to see ya build a trike out of it too...unless you really wanna set her free to live out her life on two wheels. Whatever you decide, I think we support ya in it... keep the faith bro, glad to hear your doing ok... relatively. :wink: Chumbly- :cool:
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

Cryptical
Iron Butt

Post by Cryptical »

Chumbly wrote:Yep, great pics... didn't care for the black trike myself, but... Crypt- I know I'm stating the obvious here, but here goes... you know if you sell your VTX 1800, you'll never going to be able to replace it. Also, you won't get what it's really worth anyway. You sure there isn't another way, eh, bro? I'd kinda like to see ya build a trike out of it too...unless you really wanna set her free to live out her life on two wheels. Whatever you decide, I think we support ya in it... keep the faith bro, glad to hear your doing ok... relatively. :wink: Chumbly- :cool:
Chumbly old friend, if there was any way that I could, I'd have 'Baby' fitted out with a Champion Trike Kit. Unfortunately, I need a car for the near future, for the eventual return to work. As we're both currently living on my Wage Loss Benefits ($800.00 every 2 weeks) and with a new mortgage in the mix, the cash flow simply isn't there to be able to hold on to her.

It pains me immensely to do this, but we have to deal with the reality of the situation. Our garage will be turned into a shop where fellow riders can drop in whenever they're passing by. Whether it's for tinkering or just for a cup of java. We'll manage to get through this and yes, I'll be back on the road someday.

Ya just can't keep a Navy man down... :wink:
Yours Aye,

Crypt.

- It ain't about WHAT you ride...it's about IF you ride! - '04 1800C - Lots o' goodies...

http://cryptical07.blogspot.com/

Makaio

Post by Makaio »

Man, i completely forgot to check in here! I headed down to PD as well. I grew up in the area, and my folks live in Port Rowan. Headed there, rode into PD at about 12:30 with my X, a '98 Shadown Aero 1100, '06 Shadown Spirit 750, and an '04 Marauder 250.

Not nearly as crowded as it has been in the past. I guess the forecast scared a lot off.

joeracket
Site Admin

Post by joeracket »

:cool: :cool: :cool: ...............great pics............thanks for sharing :cool: :cool: :cool:
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS & LEOS - FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Cat
Hard Core

Post by Cat »

:( Wish we were there :(
:cool: But GLAD y'all had a great time :) :) :)
It's NOT about the destination........ The Journey is what counts. :cool:
and,
If the Sun is at your back, and the wind is your creation... It's a good day. :)
Image Image
Need Amsoil for yer ride? Contact me.
:dance: :cheers::think:
Bauline East, Newfoundland!!!!!! DONE like a bottle of Schreech at a newfie campfire
MISSED VICTORIA :cry:
Clic here for map of ....
:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think::think:
Hmmm, over 103,000 km on my '04 1300C :think:
Left on a journey with my girlfriend, came home with my wife :think: :lol:
Hint: clic on the blue text :wink:

Weather forecasts

Cat's Journey
- Visit my blog page - Cat's Lair
clic on the WWW button below

newfx

Post by newfx »