Best in the West updates

The Captain 90 Runs, Memories, Any Pics or Comments Feel Free to Add

Moderators: RoadWarrior, joeracket, Bam

DD

Best in the West updates

Post by DD »

Day 1

Well the meet has definitely started,. Alot of the gang has shown up on Thursday. Can't wait til the rest get here tomorrow.

We have basically taken over the motel patio for the meet and greet. It is great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Great bunch of people. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Today seemed to be the day for working on bikes. Ironhorse 17 needed a new fork seal and Big Dave needed new back breaks. All done and now they are ready to rock and roll.

Well the stories have started and the pops are running good lol.

To those who couldn't make it we wish you were here but you are all in our thoughts.

Will try and update every night on what is happening around Victoria.

DD
Hammerman's Wife VTX1800 Never know what colour it will be

Cat
Hard Core

Post by Cat »

Pics?
Gonna have to pick up some 40 Creek and a box of beer tonight.
Hmm, video conference call to the west coast??? :wink: :lol:
It's NOT about the destination........ The Journey is what counts. :cool:
and,
If the Sun is at your back, and the wind is your creation... It's a good day. :)
Image Image
Need Amsoil for yer ride? Contact me.
:dance: :cheers::think:
Bauline East, Newfoundland!!!!!! DONE like a bottle of Schreech at a newfie campfire
MISSED VICTORIA :cry:
Clic here for map of ....
:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think::think:
Hmmm, over 103,000 km on my '04 1300C :think:
Left on a journey with my girlfriend, came home with my wife :think: :lol:
Hint: clic on the blue text :wink:

Weather forecasts

Cat's Journey
- Visit my blog page - Cat's Lair
clic on the WWW button below

Beachhondas

Post by Beachhondas »

thanks for update Kim, keep them coming.
"Life is a Beach"

DD

Post by DD »

Day 2

Well another beautiful day in Victoria. Today most went sightseeing. We took buses to Victoria Harbour and some went on a walking tour of the downtown area and stopped and had "pop" X Rider syle, Some went shopping and some went on the harbour taxi tours.

As I type this almost all are down in the outdoor patio visiting with each other having a great time. (Steve and then Dave woosed out early). We held a 50-50 draw and the proceeds are going to a charity that Tee and McJeep have picked. Tee has posted which charity. The winner and I am sorry to say I have no idea who it was that won gave his share $80 back to McJeep for the girls charity. What a guy he was given a round of applause by those who were there.

Cat called us wishing him and 80 K were here. We all yelled out we missed them very much.

The T-shirts were handed out and they are great.

Oh and of course one more bike was worked on in the parking lot. Stillflying was having a problem with his back brakes so out with the bike jack and the tools and voila all better now.

Well we are all having a great day wishing all the rest of our X family was here. Soon we will be together hopefully next year at Waubashine at Big Daves.

More tomorrow.

DD

Beachhondas

Post by Beachhondas »

"pop x-rider style", what ever could you mean? lol
best to all
jeff and Angela
walking crow and ruffled feathers
"Life is a Beach"

DD

Post by DD »

Day 3

Sorry for the delay in this but it was very late last night :think: :think: :think: have no idea why :) :) :)

the day started out great with 3 different rides planned. You had your choice of slow twisties, med twisties, and holy crap twisties. :) :think: :think: :think: wonder which one most took lol

then it was time to prepare the fixings for the meal. I can tell you one thing Hammerman and My room smelled delicious mmmmm.

Once all that was said and done some lounged around the pool and others went shopping and a great day was had by all.

Then the bikes began to return from their rides and the faces on each told you how much they just loved it. Great rides McJeep. And a big thank you to all the leaders who took them on the rides.

We then did the group shot and it was fantastic and then we had all the bikes line up for a shot of the group of bikes.

Then it was time to put all the food out and man it disappeared. Barron of Beef with au jeu, potatoe salad, coslaw, and of course peaches and cream corn on the cobb. MMMMMMMMM it was very very good. After the meal was done we had 2 beautiful cakes a white and a choc cake and then came time for the speach

McJeep had a few awards to give out one was for the farthest travelled which was Cannukmd from Maryland. and then we had a Miss Congeniality award. This was voted by the group. and by one vote Carol Anne won it. (Moes wife for those of you who don't know).

Prizes were handed out then and thank you Gaolbird for all the gift certificates, And to all others who donated things thank you very very much.

Of course the flag was taken down and signed by all who was here an Stillflying passed it on to McJeep.

The X Rider Wives wrote a little ditty and performed it for us. Thank you girls very entertaining.

Once all that was said and done of course then all went to bed :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: And if you believed that I have a few things I need to sell you. I am not sure what tine the party ended but a great time was had by all

Thank you McJeep and Tee for hosting this shindig :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well I am sure there will be alot posted and pics posted for all to enjoy.
Once again to those who could not make it you were all in our hearts our brother and sisters. We missed you all.

DD

Camper

Post by Camper »

Thanks for the great update :clap: :clap: I think all of us that were left behind wish we could of been there :pray: .
For some there's therapy, for the rest of us there's motorcycles.

2002 Honda Shadow Ace
2005 Honda VTX 1300C
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour

Beachhondas

Post by Beachhondas »

DD Thanks for the day to day report, wish Jeff & I could of been with you all but reading your post made me feel like I was with you all, miss my second family. as you know our Grandson is on his way to meet PaPa Jeff for the first time . I can only hope we can make next year to see you all at Big Daves & Joyce's, ride safe my sisters & brothers Love to All
"Life is a Beach"

KT Rider aka Deerslayer

Post by KT Rider aka Deerslayer »

Thanks to Jeep and Tee we had a great time :) :) :) Food was great camraderie was great, drinks were great, accomodations were great :) :) :)
Got back to Kelowna safe and sound X wanted to run hard but I kept getting a sharp jab in the kidneys when it got past 130k :cry: :cry:

To all those that made it thanks for coming out you all helped make it a good time.
To those that wanted to but couldn't make it our condollences and hope to see you at the next one, Right Big Dave?

To those that could have gone but chose not to.. The weather was here wish you were beautiful... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moe this post is for you
Get your motor runnin', Head out on the highway, lookin for adventure....

BCSledhed

Victoria 2012

Post by BCSledhed »

Made it home safe and sound - 20 min ride from the ferry....LOL The front bearing smoked itself at the very end - about 10 blocks from home.

Lyliane and I had a wonderful weekend. Glad we made it and met a lot of old friends and made some new ones. Thanks McJeep and T for the great job and wonderful hospitality. Dave will have a tough time besting you next year in Ontario.

Hope all make it home safely over the next week, see you all again next year I hope....

HOOCH

Post by HOOCH »

LoL I have to agree, DD you made it feel like we were there with you guys. Sounds like loads of fun.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo »

Got home at 2:30 yesterday. Thanks to Rob and Teressa for a great weekend. Great to see everyone again. We would have liked to stay for another patio party but someone had to work today.

Dirt Road
Iron Butt

Post by Dirt Road »

Definitely very cool reading the updates. Thanks Kimmie. :) Still bummed Lizzie & I couldn't be there though. Looks/sounds like it was a blast. We look forward to seeing lotsa pics as people get some time to get to their computers.

I look forward to havin a cocktail with Hammer & hearing the unedited stories. :D

If anyone's coming through Toronto on the way home & needs a crash pad or just wants to stop for a sip of something, gimme a call!!

Cheers Rob & T, sure sounds like youz guyz did one helluva bang up job out there!

Chumbly
Hard Core

Post by Chumbly »

Hokay, first of all, We gotta thank Rob and Tee once again for a job well done. Rob, buddy, you mentioned once that You looked after the big issues pertaining to this shingding. Well, after observing how you and Tee operate, I'd say you do a fine job and Tee definitely has yer six covered, buddy. George and DD- George, you give retirement a bad name...ya gotta sit down an' take a break once in awhile. DD, as lovely and helpful as ever, glad you guys came.
To those who couldn't make it, and you know who you are- Man you were missed... I couldn't help thinking about it....perhaps your hearts/minds were there anyway.
To those who were there, but whom we didn't get much time with- sorry, guys, we'll try harder to get around next chance we get.
To the new people we met- It was great to see ya there. I probably won't remember some of your names, but if you get on here and post something, it would help...plus, if you get to the next meets, I guarantee we'll get to know ya better.
I'll not say where we think the following Meet will be held, but am pretty certain at this point that we will be there as well.
All in all, I gotta say this weekend was 100% great. Again, thanks Rob, and Tee, George and Kim, and whoever else was there working to make it happen... it was a great success in our oppinions. And now, to quote Randyguy- "Get on here and post something".
To those we missed say "Adios" to,- It was great seeing you all again and you all have a safe ride home.
We left just after 5:00 last evening to catch the "slow boat to the big smoke on the wet coast"... because of a half dozen cars in the lineup, we missed the 6 o'clock sailing and got the 7 o'clock one. Cages weRE just as stupid as always, but we managed to get into the driveway about 9.
I gotta tell yas, this Meet far exceeded my expectations and I'm really glad we went. It restored the feeling of kinship with my fellow "X" riders, and renewed my soul.... thanks guys.
Big Dave- Atom Aunt promised that we'd try to make it to Ontario next Meet, (I think she actually had more fun in Vic than I did...if that's possible). That makes the job of getting there half done already.... we'll make a serious effort, even if we have to fly.. you may have to round up a trike, as you mentioned.
See yous all hopefully next year... YEEEEHHHAWWW!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :cool:
Still alive and Free....riding on three
'02 1800C "triked"

McJeep
Iron Butt

Post by McJeep »

Ayup, I do big picture and Tee amazes me with her attention to deetail that gets the important stuff done ... and keeps me honest and on track :wink:

'Love that gurl :cool:

Stay safe peeps!!!!!!!!!
Rob
2013 F6B Mediocre mileage Outstanding smileage ;*)
2007 HD Deuce - cool weekend scoot :)
2005 VTX 1300R - da wife's :)